We refer to any configuration where a transparent sheet is integrated into the bottom of a pool, with an outlet on all 4 sides, as a "water skylight". One side of the glass is exposed to water, the other to air. This solution is often recommended when swimming pools are on roofs.
WHY CREATE A SKYLIGHT IN A SWIMMING POOL?
- The skylight is a spectacular element that personalizes and enhances a home.
- For hotels, or any public location, the skylight is a strong and attractive element.
- From inside the home, this opening offers an original view of the sky and the bathers in motion, and diffuses a sparkling light that varies according to the oscillations of the water and the colour of the sky.
- For bathers, the skylight offers a surprisingly low angle view of the room connecting the swimming pool to the house.
HOW TO INTEGRATE A SKYLIGHT INTO A SWIMMING POOL
- The transparent glass skylight is integrated in consultation with the pool construction professional.
- To make the project a success, the glass sheet must be integrated into the pool design at an early stage.
- Vision d'O provides a detailed technical drawing of your water skylight project.
THE ACRYLIC GLASS (PMMA) SKYLIGHT
- For all acrylic glass (PMMA) solutions, we work with our Spanish partner, Aquaspai.
- Acrylic glass (PMMA) is the preferred solution for higher-end projects.
- High transparency, invisible welding of sheets to form perfect angles or to create long transparent walls